[olug] [OT] Verizon data plans...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Mar 11 18:37:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 07:19, Ben Watson <bwatson1979 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, I'm really curious as to this "Corporate Data" feature.  What is
> that exactly?  When I read it, it sounds like some sort of data plan
> with a higher monthly data cap, but you've stated you already have an
> unlimited data plan.  It just feels like someone is trying to sell you
> something you don't need IMHO.

I'm thinking it's a Verizon carrier thing.  I just installed the app -
"Good for Enterprise" - and after I configured it and it started talking to
the corporate server it popped up a notice: "You do not have the correct
wireless plan to use Good for Enterprise."

I have some other errands to run, so I'll stop by the Verizon store and see
what's up...

Yes, I do have the option of getting a new phone, but I don't want to start
looking like Bat Man carrying around tons of stuff...

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"