[olug] [OT] Verizon data plans...

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Thu Mar 8 16:55:25 UTC 2012

I also have a DroidX - do you mean you want to activate the WiFi
Hotspot, and have the phones WiFi connect to itself?  That seems,
different - but I imagine it wouldn't be possible since it'd be using
the same WiFi radio?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Another option, is using Cyanogenmod, or an alternate ROM.  It really
isn't scary and if you're rooted already any warranty is technically
voided.  I'm currently on the LibertyRom which has menu access for
activating itself as a Wifi Hotspot.