[olug] Intense PC - the most powerful miniature fanless PC EVER!

Ben Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:42:34 UTC 2012

IMHO this is an apples and oranges comparison.  Sure, both devices aim
to be small (even though the Pi is much smaller).  However, the main
appeal/draw to the Pi is its price.  That and I don't think the Pi was
intended to be a performance powerhouse.

I can get the "high-end" (B model) Pi for US $35.  No pricing on the
Intense PC yet, but its predecessor (The FitPC) is listed (and this is
the value/base model) at 299.99 British Pounds (about US $475.00 at
the current rate).  I can only assume the Intense PC will be as much
if not more.

Don't get me wrong, the Intense PC looks awesome as far as performance
for its small size and low power draw.

Ben