[olug] Distros with httpd 2.4 PHP 5.4 packages

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:46:33 UTC 2012

I found it with a little Google-fu.

sudo apt-get install -t experimental apache2

Debian has updated the modules in experimental. The only third-party one
I'm using outside of that is mod_pagespeed, which is updated for 2.4, but
still has a package dependency on apache 2.2. So I installed it with:

dpkg --force-depends -i mod-pagespeed-*.deb

Then I restarted Apache and I have a working 2.4 install, even with
mod_pagespeed. However, any apt-get install wants to remove mod-pagespeed
now.

Next I'm going to see if I can also get mod_spdy working in 2.4 since I'm
going all out.