[olug] Ubuntu 12.04 problems?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Jun 4 16:29:47 UTC 2012

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded my desktop from from Ubuntu
11.10 to 12.04 last night.  X died 2.5 hrs into a 3 hour process.
The upgrade was prompting me for action on a config file, but it
was doing so through a graphical window that no longer existed.
I had to reboot & run "dpkg --configure -a", then "apt-get dist-upgrade"
to get things to finish up.

Once it finished, there were not nvidia problems to be found.
I'm glad I upgraded.  11.10's classic theme had rearranged some
menu options into funky locations that are fixed in 12.04.  11.10
also broke my rotating desktop cube, and 12.04 fixed it.  I only
have a few minutes of use with 12.04 under my belt, but it all
seems to be running smoothly enough.  Hopefully the LTS release
will run well for a while now.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com