[olug] Co-lo in SE Nebraska

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Jul 27 16:45:58 UTC 2012

> It's been a while since this topic has come up.  What options are there
> for co-location (not VPS or web hosting, but true co-location) in the
> Lincoln/Omaha area?
>
> My company is looking for a place to host a backup file server, so
> we'll need a few U and a heckuva lot of bandwidth.  I'm not sure if
> KC is too far away for us or not.  Probably.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.  My boss now says he's also willing
to explore non-local services where we could merely purchase off-site
storage without necessarily having our own physical hardware.  We're
talking ~5 TB, I'm guessing.  Does such a service exist anywhere?  This
is way beyond the scale of most cloud backups targetted at home users.

Personally, I'm not sure how well that would work as a backup, because
it would take eons to restore that much data over the wire unless they
could overnight us a few hard drives.  But he asked...

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com