[olug] Ksplice

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Jul 20 15:10:24 UTC 2012

> Alternatively, think about what computers you were running 20
> years ago. I'm young enough that those memories are kind of fuzzy, but
> think about the kind of hardware that was available then.

A friend just reminded me that his new Nexus 7 has 100,000 times the
processing power of his old VIC-20 (which, admittedly, is older than
20 years)... and the VIC-20 cost 50% more than the Nexus, even without
allowing for inflation.  One second of processing on the Nexus would
take 1.2 days on the VIC-20.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com