[olug] Ksplice

Trent Melcher trentm at q.com
Fri Jul 20 02:48:49 UTC 2012

I find it kind of odd that Oracle bought this rather than looking into
clustering their OS.  If you truly need a highly available application
your going to put it in a cluster.  With that ksplice is pointless, take
a node out of the cluster patch and reboot it, reintroduce it to the
cluster.  No downtime for the application needed.

Trent