[olug] Mobo without the network pain

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Thu Jul 19 14:57:14 UTC 2012

What are your PCIe slot requirements?
Do you plan on using integrated video?

I don't recommend putting too much faith in the Newegg reviews from my
experience a high percentage of the time the negative comments are caused
because the user didn't read the instructions or that they didn't
understand the product.

You can disable the onboard NIC in the EFI /BIOS on just about all decent
motherboards and add something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-PRO-1000-PT-Dual-Port-Gigabit-PCIe-Server-Adapter-Network-Card-Dell-X3959-/271020632156?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3f1a16a85c