[olug] December OLUG Meeting Tue Dec 6 6:30 PM Presentation and Holiday Social Hour

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 00:24:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM, SndChaser <sndchaser at cerebralrift.org>wrote:

> Thanks for the time to show it off.  If there's interest I could do a
> follow-up with a bit of a deeper dive into Intranet indexing, web crawling,
> NAT'ing, relevance algorithms, etc.  I'm definitely am going to be spending
> more time with it...
>
> George

i am interested especially in secure multisite intranet indexing of non web
pages such as .DOC, .ODF, .ODS,  .PDF, and all the others.
Indexing of machines that do not have a webserver.
http://www.yacy-websuche.de/wiki/index.php/En:Use_cases

i like the idea of dumping all my disparate bookmarks into YaCy and
searching from there.

It does not show partial word matches by default, but does give a
suggestion.  IE: enter "run", but if only "running" is found, then it will
not be listed as default.  i hope i can change that.