[olug] Boot error updating F14 to F16

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Fri Jan 13 18:32:42 UTC 2012

I've upgraded multiple servers through successive iterations of Fedora,
using "yum" every time, going back to about Fedora 8.  The
powers-that-be may not officially support the method, but it does work,
at least most of the time.  (Sounds more like the powers-that-be don't
want to be responsible if something goes wrong.)

I would love to give advice on how to deal with the error at hand,
except the only time I've gotten bitten was when I forgot to update the
bootloader before rebooting, and I didn't manage to fix that.  Which
unfortunately seems to be the issue here.  If I'm saying anything at
all, I guess it's that upgrading was not inherently a mistake; if the
bootloader can be fixed by someone who knows what they're doing, things
may well turn out fine.