[olug] OLUG Luncheon Change Discussion

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 17:35:10 UTC 2012

Fridays in gernal are pretty bad for me.  Being the end of the week, I often find myself taking a very late lunch.  Perhaps Thursdays would be better, not quite the end of the week, but hopefully people would be out of early week crisis mode?

---- "Hurley wrote:
It seems like the sentiment is usually something like:  "if I can fit it in, I will try to make it", instead of "I will put it on my calendar, and be there unless something urgent comes up."

If everyone would just treat it that way, we'd have great turnouts.  This is the I.T. world.  Everyone has stuff come up.  If these luncheons are a waste of your time, let Jon know why, and let's work to fix that.  Here's a thought. What about some sort of incentive?  (Not for me, because I try to attend them.)  I know a handful of folks who would love to pick up the whole lunch tab, if they can pass out a few biz cards.

Just my 2 cents.