[olug] [OT] Christmas gift question regarding mini helicopters.

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Mon Dec 3 17:47:10 UTC 2012

Have a number of Air Hogs helicopters and the most favored one, is the Air
Rescue, dual counter rotating blades with crane.   The one we have is red
and came with a couple rescue baskets.

It is the most stable flight out of the air hog line and an excellent
choice for a first heli.      It is solidly built (considering light
construction) and that makes it a good value for a "first" r/c heli too.
 It has been around for 12 months and still flies missions in basement. :)
   The pilots were 9 and 10, now 10 and 11

hth,

Jeff

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Jay Bendon <jaybocc2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot to attach link:
>
> http://www.symahelicopters.com/SYMA-S107-Gyro-Metal-Frame-3-Channel-Coaxial-Indoo-p/eh-syma107-yellow.htm
>
> --Jay
>

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Jay Bendon <jaybocc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We bought these for all the guys in hte office. $29 not too shabby.  They
> > have a little bit cheaper ones aswell. probably 15-30 minutes of flight
> > time.
> >
> > --Jay
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Dan Linder <dan at linder.org> wrote:
> >
> >> My 11 year old wants one of the small RC helicopters for Christmas.  I
> >> have
> >> one from about 3-4 years ago that still works but it's a real pain to
> >> control and I've heard the new gyro ones are a lot easier.
> >>
> >> This has to be in the "small gift" price range (~$25), but I wanted some
> >> feedback from others who might have purchased one and know of a specific
> >> make/model to look for.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> DanL
> >>
> >> --
> >> "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
> >>     (Who can watch the watchmen?)
> >>     -- from the Satires of Juvenal
> >> "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
> >>     -- Isaac Asimov (Author)

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473