[olug] [OT] Job posting - AIX admin

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Fri Aug 10 15:12:09 UTC 2012

It's in a department called EIT.  It's my understanding that it's the whipping boy of the company.. The job definitely has an on call situation (for which you will be called constantly at all hours of the day and night).  And unless someone really takes a shine to you... well you can see where I'm going..

But I understand the pay can be OK.

OH.. and someone else told me that West is looking to phase out all of their AIX in favor of cheep 'nix boxes, so I have no idea what the time frame on that is.. but now you know what I know.

---- Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
> I know the person who left  that job.

And?  How bad does it suck?

--