[olug] [OT] Buying Cat5 cable locally...best price?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Aug 7 18:16:55 UTC 2012

Thanks for all the quick feedback.

I checked Monoprice - good price for the cable if I can wait.  Price is $80
for 1000' solid copper, PVC clad, but shipping to get it her by
Thurs/Friday is $47 for a total of $127.

I called Graybar and they are $109 for 1000' (copper, PVC).

I called Computer Cable Connection in Bellevue (very close to me), and they
sell by the foot at $0.13/ft.  A full 1000' is $130, but I only need about
250 ft at worst.

Tomorrow I'll start running with what I have on hand and go to CCC to
purchase the 150' or so that I'll probably need.

And I can't afford/justify the Cat6 cable...sigh.

Thanks,
Dan