[olug] [OT] Buying Cat5 cable locally...best price?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Aug 7 17:43:07 UTC 2012

I need to re-run some Cat5 data runs in my house.  I estimate that a 500'
spool should be plenty (probably 250' should work).  The no-name brand at
Lowes is fairly pricey, and I haven't checked with Computer Cable
Connection in Bellevue.  Any other local places to check before buying?

I need this real soon, so Amazon Prime might be an option.  But everything
that I'm seeing there seems to be  "Copper Clad Aluminum" as opposed to
solid copper wires.  I'm a bit hesitant about CCA, but if enough people
tell me it's perfectly fine I'll give it a shot.  (My current cables are
~12 years old and are solid copper.)

Thanks,
Dan

--