[olug] A moment of silence

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Aug 3 14:38:03 UTC 2012

I need a moment of silence this morning in honor of my firewall.  The
Compaq DL360 G1 rebooted itself at 10:48pm last night... for the first
time in 2.5 years.  Nearly 900 days of uptime down the drain.

I probably wouldn't have noticed if there hadn't been a syntax error in
the dhcpd.conf file that threw an error to the logs that I get emailed
each morning.

The fact that it happened spontaneously, and that the last four drives
I've plugged into the right hand bay have shown up as predictively
failed within 24 hours, has me a little worried.

Time to start shopping for a replacement, perhaps.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com