[olug] Custom building desktop

Paul Lewis phldml3 at cox.net
Wed Apr 18 02:38:28 UTC 2012

I lost my Ubuntu machine in a thunderstorm last year.  Machine hadn't
been turned off for over 5 years and it was nearly 10 years old as is.
My wife loved it and she admits not to being tech savvy.  We bought a
new Win 7 machine and are both wishing to return to Ubuntu as Win 7 is a
dog compared to XP.  Besides, now we can't work with our SAMBA server,
web/ftp server.  I think you may be surprised how well she might adapt
to a Linux machine.  The possibilities are endless and you have a less
than perfect fall back .