[olug] Custom building desktop

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:38:45 UTC 2012

Not sure if this helps.  But about 2 years ago I mostly moved my mom's
computer to
ubuntu.  Overall satisfaction was well received, she still uses it today.
Pretty much started
off slow with Firefox and went from there.  It will be interesting when I
upgrade it to 12.04 in
regards to unity.

I said mostly because she has a few apps that worked like hell in wine at
the time.  Haven't
gone back yet to try the latest wine yet.  Either way, she has learned to
launch vbox and knows
how to shut it down.

Together We Win!
--