[olug] Dig +search question...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Apr 11 21:00:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:43, Matthew G. Marsh <olug4mgm at paktronix.com>wrote:

> If I may ask - why two addr records for titan?

It was just for testing to see if "titan" and "titan.linder.corp" would
return anything differently.  I should have used "titan" and
"titan2.linder.corp" to cut down on the confusion. :)

> Curious as to what you find as my dig does the same thing.

Well, it turned out to be a non issue.  When I got it setup everything
seems to work as expected.  I'm going to chalk it up to dig being overly
critical on my short hostname lookup. :)

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"