[olug] G62 HP

Jon Larsen jon at jonlarsen.us
Tue Apr 10 20:56:23 UTC 2012

Get the service manual for the specific HP G62 based on the system board
Remove AC
Remove laptop battery

Disassemble laptop and locate the CMOS battery and pull it for 10 minutes.

Reassemble.

Get into the bios.

Set clock, etc.

Or easier
Brute force it by memory or ground the kids.

Wait... doesn't HP have a restore partition on the hard drive?  Wouldn't
you just need the key to start that process?  My toshiba and the
lenovo's I have worked on have a boot select option (usually F12 or
F11).  Just press on power up.