[olug] Dig +search question...

Matthew G. Marsh olug4mgm at paktronix.com
Tue Apr 10 15:43:36 UTC 2012

If I may ask - why two addr records for titan?  I have a multihomed DNS
with multiple domains and dig always works this way when there are two
identical names. OOC - does the first dig statement return the 192
address?  Mine does in the case where I have a short and a fully qualified
in the same file. That would explain why your +search works as it
shortcircuits the lookup and forces lookup of titan.{domain search}

Curious as to what you find as my dig does the same thing.

Matthew G. Marsh
Special Email Addr for OLUG ;-}
Phone: (402) 932-7250
Email: olug4mgm at paktronix.com