[olug] Windows 8

William Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:09:13 UTC 2011

On 9/27/2011 10:07 PM, ned mcnally wrote:
> I know this is a Linux group, but what do you guys think so far about
> Windows 8?

Getting beyond all of the speculation and such...

Dvorak had a decent piece concerning all of the tiles.  To synopsis: our
eyes and brains are good at picking out icons, not deciphering a wall of
text.  Tiles is a disaster for a desktop.

Having only looked at the developer preview for a few minutes, I'm
indifferent.  I don't care for the tiles, but the rest is ... whatever.
Kinda like the browser offshoots that try to integrate all of the social
media stuff directly into the browser and such... ew.

-Will