[olug] USB enclosure recommendations

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Sep 14 05:17:15 UTC 2011

Is eSATA an option?  It's my understanding that eSATA is 90% the speed of
USB3, but is more mature...?  (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

If not, I've had good luck with TRENDnet devices.
  http://blog.techtalkradio.com/?p=1472 - but the TRENDnet link for the
device says it maxes out at 2TB.

If you've got the cash, a Drobo-S may be an option:
  http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo-s.php

Dan