[olug] Building a web server for both security and performance in 2011

Trent Melcher trentm at q.com
Thu Sep 1 15:07:27 UTC 2011

With all the script kiddies out there today, I can't see a reason not to run
IPtables and Selinux on your webservers today.  Also there are a few good
sites out there on how to harden your TCPIP stack that work really well for
making your webservers more resistant to denial of service and SYN Flood
attacks.

I have used some of the recommendations on this site in the past
http://www.cromwell-intl.com/security/security-stack-hardening.html  not
sure how much of the information is still relevant today.

Trent