[olug] Linux-friendly hardware question - stand-alone FAX machine

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:33:56 UTC 2011

Dan,

Thanks for letting me know.  That is encouraging news.
in the past, i had to install hundreds of megabytes of bloat in order to
ScanToPC which i never understood because i just want to save to a file
share or sftp share or otherwise use a well known communication protocol.
My eyefi card and cell phone can save to a file share, why can't all
networked scanners.  On the faxing side, T.38 still does not seem to be
well known in the faxing industry but at least it would be a standard
protocol.