[olug] 2011 IOCCC contest is Live - http://www.ioccc.org

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 06:25:52 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,

It looks live they've just started up the 20th International Obfuscated C Code Contest.  It runs from now until Jan 12, 2012.  It is a competition to write some of the most convoluted C code possible.  The site is http://www.ioccc.org

Some of the programs are really amazing for their size and complexity.  One guy wrote a c compiler, tiny basic variants, editors and even an operating system.

I am one of the winners of the 19th IOCCC.  My program used tempest emissions to play very simple songs on a shortwave radio.  The obfuscation really isn't in the program but in what it does, so I felt very lucky to win.

Regards,

Aaron
0-0-0
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying