[olug] SQL Server Connectivity issues

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Thu May 19 14:26:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

I know this is a linux group but i was wondering if I could pick your brains
on a work issue I have been here at hotlines. I have 2 servers, Windows
Server 2000, and windows server 2003, both only running SQL Server 2005.
from a mix of clients of XP, and windows 7. I am having issues connecting to
the windows 2000 machine over MS Auth or SQL Auth. anyone know anything
which would cause this? All firewalls were both disabled and enabled trying
to get it work, as well as exceptions added for the application to access
the database. after lots of googling i decided we might have enough know-how
to finger this out. The error i get states "This SQL server does not exist"
when I auth into it, from either Administrator or SA logins... anyone have
this issue before. seems the issue is more with windows 7 than XP though...
(*hates MS)... :)