[olug] Sandy Bridge Xeon HSF

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Fri May 13 21:46:16 UTC 2011

You wouldn't think this would be that difficult to find out.

I called Newegg.  The CSR didn't know, told me to call Intel the person I
talked to didn't have the product listed in his computer and refereed me
to the vendor.

I found one on Ebay and called them, they told me to ask Intel.  I asked
him to look at the box and he told me that they have never seen one
because they drop ship them.

I just ordered a better than stock HSF.....I'll find out my answer when it
gets here.

I saw the Newegg review after I ordered it....

"The way the fan's wire is routed seems like it could possibly work it's
way toward the blade."

....and the box looks wider than Westmere's.
O well I am sure I'll eventually need a socket 1155 HSF.