[olug] VPN Hardware

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Tue May 10 22:41:25 UTC 2011

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Asus

wow, figured the WL-520GU would be beefier than the RT-N12, I was thinking
of the RT-N16.

Yeah that buffalo is a beast.  but..."beefier CPUs and much much more RAM"
considering bang for the buck we got 2 dual 3GHz / 4GB ram poweredge 2850s
off craiglist for $100 each a few weeks ago.... One is a pfsense box now.

The solution to this problem has to be in town and fast.  If it were my
problem I'd be thinking like some old recycled Optiplex gx280s.

I guess electricity usage could be a factor.