[olug] Hackable Tablet for sale at woot.com-Today only

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Wed May 4 17:50:36 UTC 2011

Agreed.. direct sunlight is the bane of any of these devices.  As for this new  dual screen unit (e-ink and color) I wonder how heavy it is.  My wife has a Kindle, after holding my nook color she tells me that she would dislike reading with it because it's much heavier than the Kindle.

---- George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
Aric,

While the Nook Color is not an eInk display, the resolution and display
quality are very good.  With a little adjusting, I have been able to read
somewhere between 3-4 hours straight without a break, no fatigue or other
issues.  OTOH - the one place it does fail: sunlight...just like in the
Kindle ads. :)

George

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM, <aric at omahax.com> wrote:

> I assume the nook color isn't an eInk like display so in theory it would
> be inferior for reading than the original nook.
>
> > My guess, I think many like the included eInk display so they can read in
> > any light.
> >
> > --
> >
> > "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more of
> it
> > have."  -- Thomas Jefferson
> >

> > On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Jason N <dashrender at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Other than cost, why this over a nook color?
> >>

> >> ---- Dave Thacker <dthacker at bluestrain.net> wrote:
> >> If I wasn't financing a graduation and wedding, I might be picking one
> >> of
> >> these
> >> up myself......
> >>
> >> http://www.woot.com/
> >>
> >> Dave Thacker

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...