[olug] SysV ZPL

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Wed Mar 30 17:12:46 UTC 2011

Meh, I sent this from the wrong email account.  I figured it out.  Wireshark
was looking like lp was sending rendered text to the printer.

I can just use Netcat to get the job done.  It works.

I am trying to print from a SCO box to a Zebra printer with system V using
ZPL code.  It prints the ZPL code on the labels instead of the formatted
text.

It works correctly, prints the formatted text when sending raw ZPL from
Windows and Debian.

It prints as code even when I use lpd to print to a share on a windows box.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.