[olug] The Usability of Passwords

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 06:12:09 UTC 2011

--- On Tue, 3/29/11, Jay Hannah <jhannah at mutationgrid.com> wrote:
> An excellent article:
>
> http://www.baekdal.com/tips/password-security-usability

Would be much better without all the typos. </rant>

I have several extremely hard to hack passwords.  8+ characters, alpha, numeric, special, etc.  Some less hard, but those are used in secure environments (my home systems) or where being cracked won't ruin my day.

At a former job as Network Admin, I required 8 characters, changed every 30 days, no reusing of old.  And if I ever caught someone with a post-it note password their network access was shut off instantly.  The VP of Sales was NOT happy one day...  :-)

Kevin D. Snodgrass