[olug] OT: AD Book

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Tue Mar 8 18:26:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Craig Wolf <CJWolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:
> Ok, I may get flamed for this BUT there are a number of you using Active Directory.  Do you have a good reference book for AD?  I won't bore anyone with the story, just looking for opinions...

I can recommend O'Reilly's Active Directory book as a very good
learning and general reference book.  It jumps in pretty quickly, so
depending on your experience with Windows Server and AD, you might
want to grab a more general Windows Server book, if needed.

For a straight reference book, I highly recommend 'Active Directory
Administrator's Pocket Consultant', by William Stanek.  Like his other
books (I have his Exchange and Server 2003 Pocket Consultant books,
also), they are handiest quick reference books you'll find.  When I
just need to look up some specific Windows detail, or have a quick
question, I always hit the Pocket Consultant books first.  Only if I
can't find it there do I grab a different book or hit hit Google.

--
Christopher