[olug] Libreoffice issue

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Sun Mar 6 03:05:00 UTC 2011

I installed Libreoffice 3.3. Everything seems to work except for the
spelling and grammar checking function in Writer. I checked to see if
there were dictionaries associated for the checking and they appeared
in the list for use. Still when I tested on intentional errors none
are detected. Is there a way to install the dictionaries again or make
what appears to be there work? I am using OpenSuSE 11.3 64 bit and
installed for the same Libreoffice.

I like the look and feel of Libreoffice and will stay with it as a
replacement of OpenOffice. I would like to get the dictionary and
grammar checks figured out.

Thanks,

Tom Williamson