[olug] Heart attack after 11.04 upgrade

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:57:15 UTC 2011

LXDE is also an option for those of you looking for a lightweight desktop.

If you looked at KDE 2 years ago using Ubuntu repositories, I'm sure it
wasn't pretty. Kubuntu had the worst, most broken implementation of KDE 4.x
out there. It has gotten better. It is certainly worth looking at.

The problem is that Ubuntu treats KDE like a second-class citizen, so a lot
of the features they develop for Ubuntu never make it to Kubuntu.