[olug] Video output plug question and other questions

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Thu Jun 16 22:10:46 UTC 2011

That's what I got from UNMC a Dell OptiPlex. It was being sold off as  
a used system. I will look into finding a cable that will work with  
it. Can it be used on just one monitor?


Tom Williamson

Quoting Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us>:

> It's called DMS-59. It's a standardized connector for getting 2 VGA or
> DVI outputs on a single connector on the back panel. It's very common on
> workstation class video cards, ie nVidia Quadro or AMD/ATI FireMV.
> It's common to see it on business-grade machines (example: Dell
> OptiPlex) that is equipped from the factory for a dual or quad-output
> video card. It is very, very rare to see it on consumer/enthusiast hardware.
> On 6/16/2011 11:16 AM, Shawn L. Djernes wrote:
>> I have seen this odd port on several Dell video cards. They came with
>> a Y cable that gave you two VGA or two DVI.
> --
> Phil Brutsche
> phil at brutsche.us
> _______________________________________________
> OLUG mailing list
> OLUG at olug.org
> https://lists.olug.org/mailman/listinfo/olug

This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

More information about the OLUG mailing list