[olug] June 2011 OLUG Meeting Reminder

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:27:34 UTC 2011

Rob,

Am I mis-understanding these packages?  CaptureEdit looks like it is for
grabbing and annotating screen shots, while WebHuddle looks like it's an
virtual meeting application.  Neither look ideal for generating a video to
post on YouTube or someplace else.  WebHuddle does have the ability to
record a meeting, but it seems like a bit of overkill for doing a
screencast...

George

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com> wrote:

> > using a Windows box for Camtasia.  (I am open to recommends for a good
> > Linux alternative to Camtasia) Old school Nintendo RCA out to VHS isn't
>
> What do you need all that malware infested flash for when screen can
> be shared and script can keep a record?
> Otherwise if a GUI is really needed, there are many crossplatform
> solutions i do not remember the names of besides webhuddle, but i
> could only trust an old version before sourceforge accounts were
> forced open.  CaptureEdit may be safer.

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...