[olug] Mini DVD

Jon Steckelberg jonsteckelberg at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 14:27:25 UTC 2011

Did some more testing last night and this is what I found.

A blank miniDVD inserted into the DVD drive shows up fine.

If I have the file browser open to the computer level it shows the DVD
drive in the right hand pane, if I then place a recorded miniDVD into
the DVD drive it acts like it is accessing the drive and then the DVD
line disappears in the file browser.

If I open gnome player and direct it to the DVD drive manually it will
play the DVD, VLC will also play it, Openshot and Kino will not.  None
of the programs actually shows the files.

I am wondering if the problem is in how the camcorder finalizes the
disc.

Annoyingly windows has no problem with the miniDVD discs or files.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?