[olug] Alternatives to GNOME3

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Jun 9 18:50:21 UTC 2011

To follow up on the Gnome Shell discussion at the end of Tuesday's
meeting, here are links to resources for Gnome Shell Extensions.

https://justinstories.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/five-must-have-gnome-shell-extensions-for-fedora-15/

http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/04/gnome-3-shell-extensions.html

http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/05/more-gnome-shell-customization.html

http://www.fpmurphy.com/gnome-shell-extensions/

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions

And, here is Gnome Shell looking similar to Gnome 2.x (without fallback
mode)
http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html

To restart Gnome-shell
ALT-F2, enter 'r' and press enter.