[olug] Grub

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:19:48 UTC 2011

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

decent rundown of grub2.  Installing a distro should go fine as long
as you can tell it not to update grub.  After it's installed, boot to
the distro that installed grub2 and run the command "update-grub"  If
you have the os-prober (usually installed by default) then grub2 will
probe all partitions to detect other OSes.  This might work... I
haven't tried it for any OSes other than windows.  Any answers I've
needed on grub2 I found in that document.

Jordan

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the
peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your
hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  Phil 4:6-7

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the
distance between your knees and the floor."  Anonymous