[olug] Tor could be all the more important

jman at miwire.com jman at miwire.com
Fri Jul 29 15:42:37 UTC 2011

Warrantless happens.

   T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com> wrote ..

There has been evidence that Tor isn't really anonymous and can be tracked
back to you. On top of that, they're talking ISP sniffing, so they're
grabbing your data directly from your connection to the internet. So they'll
have your MAC, and all your traffic.

In the end, I'm not worried too much because ultimately I don't have
anything to hide. But this should be just like any other kind of search, and
dependent on a warrant. I'm not sure why warrantless tracking and searches
are suddenly acceptable.

http://xkcd.com/538/