[olug] Installfests

Andrew Cheese stabbymctwist.x at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:46:15 UTC 2011

Well, an intro course and installfest would have people show up once,
install and learn, and either come back as staff or generally not come
back at all.  Eventually, if not right away, it would be a repeat of
the apparent installfest situation: too many volunteers for too few
attendees.

If we had something more general, with introductory stuff not being the
main focus, we would be able to keep attendees coming back.  Maybe we
could have something like a convention's setup, in which people
register to do a panel on a particular topic.

Andrew