[olug] [OT] The 3D PRINTER

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Sun Jul 10 20:12:47 UTC 2011

> I can't think of a single practical application for one ... at least, not
> for me.  Maybe if I designed some kind of add on piece of equipment for my
> hand loading bullet press, but that'd be about it.

My brother used to make architectural models for a living.  We're talking
about multi-million dollar homes, skyscrapers, etc.  His firm used a 3D
printer for all kinds of weird shapes that the couldn't easily make from
any other means.  I think it was 2003 when he first showed me the printer
they used.  It was a pretty sweet machine.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com