[olug] need linux

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:54:06 UTC 2011

been a while since i took any college courses, but i remember the text books
often included really outdated linux install discs...weak instructors would
roll with it.

adobe does distribute 64 bit flash for linux....just no stable version.
On Jan 25, 2011 1:36 AM, "Shawn L. Djernes" <shawn at djernes.org> wrote:
> What processor is in it? I didn't think there was distros in Fedora and
Debian until late 2005 or early 2006. Redhat Enterprise had a 64-bit earlier
for the IA64.

> Of coarse my memory could be totally off.
>
> All I know is we have had 64-bit Linux for more then 6 years but Adobe
won't make a 64-bit version of Flash.

> ---
> Shawn L. Djernes
>
> On Jan 24, 2011, at 23:07, "Kevin D. Snodgrass" <kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> --- On Mon, 1/24/11, Shawn L. Djernes <shawn at djernes.org> wrote:
>>> I don't think the AMD64 architecture existed yet.
>>
>> I just booted my AMD64 laptop, it has a BIOS build date of Sept, 2004 but
the BIOS copyright is listed as 2003. If Fedora releases 2 versions per year
(not exact, but average, play along) and Fedora 14 came out last fall then
FC2 would have been out in the fall of 2004. I guess I could look it up...