[olug] need linux

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Jan 25 05:06:34 UTC 2011

You guys are making a ton of assumptions, and it's becoming insulting.
The OP hasn't responded, but I'd bet core2 was a typo, as in Core2 duo.
Muscle memory can be a terrible thing.

The cluster class at UNL specified a specific distro several years ago
(RH 5.0) because they were asking the students to try different attack
vectors and exploits, so they chose a vulnerable distro that had known
exploits.  This allowed them to instruct on securing a vulnerable system
without introducing working knowledge on how to break (then) current
systems.

If you can't image why they need a particular version perhaps you're the
ones lacking imagination.

Carl Lundstedt