[olug] Help with Myth

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Sun Feb 20 05:01:57 UTC 2011

drive in the mythbox died painfully, so I got a new one and installed
Mythbuntu.  It's been about 4 years since I did this last and I've run into
a snag -- I'm getting lots of tearing and rolling in the recorded video.  It
will go for about 3-7 seconds of good picture and then start rolling and
tearing and then settle back.  Rinse, lather repeat it goes over and over.

setup

Mythbuntu 10.10
Myth .24
Happauge 150
schedules direct
Cox cable, no converter just basic straight into the happauge card
I am currently set to use us-cable-hrc

Is us-cable-hrc correct for cox basic?

It seems like it might be a frequency thing, but I'm guessing.

Best,

Jeff