[olug] HTPC box

Todd Wittenmeier magitoddw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:57:14 UTC 2011

I'm putting together a dual core atom net-top to use with a nice hd tv
sometime this year, I plan to run ubuntu (probably 10.10 unless I do this
after natty comes out.) and I'll be using some kind of small bluetooth or
usb rf keyboard and mouse like the Rii Mini, which looks really nice.  my
plan is to use Hulu Desktop, VLC, and Boxee with maybe a NAS I'll use to
hold rips of all my DVD's I have in the house. (cost of the nettop is
probably going to be something like $400, probably less.)

Currently I have a hacked wii for video I have on Samba shares, and a nice
network connected Sony BluRay player hooked to a 54" SD Projection TV.

-Todd