[olug] Basic cheap local hosting?

SndChaser sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Mon Dec 5 18:17:49 UTC 2011

Well, currently I am using namecheap.com for my shared hosting.  They
are fairly inexpensive, and quite responsive with their tech support.  I
recently had an issue where my account got suspended because of a
mis-match of cached credentials.  I went into their online support chat,
and had a tech that unlocked the account within 5 minutes.  This isn't
an exceptional story with them, rather it's quite the norm for their
support...almost every issue I've had they have been able to resolve
very quickly.  They even helped with converting a database dump when I
migrated to them from another hosting service - and that was done within
an hour (personally, I would have been happy if they had done it within
a business day - so they exceeded my expectations).

So, they are another option to check out...

George