[olug] Dual Monitors in F16

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Sat Dec 3 20:25:42 UTC 2011

I should have said that the console login was after a normal login to KDE,
waiting for the tone, and pressing Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to the text login.

It was also tried to use the console login from the normal login screen. In
that case the system just sat there and never actually reached a console
login.

It was also tried to use "init 3"/'init 5" from the root shell prompt. That
got me part way through, then I found the nouveau/nvidia problem. It was too
tricky for me to use.

However, the http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752 URL did get
to something usable. It is being tested out.